Hello friends and family, today I have been challenged to raise $100 for sick and injured kids at KU Pediatrics. 100 days from now, I will stand for 10 hours at KU Dance Marathon For the Kids. I joined the generation #FightingForTheNext to make sure that all kids get to grow up happy and healthy. I'm asking if you'd like to donate to my personal fundraising page to help me reach my $100 goal today. Any amount helps, and is much appreciated by the KU Pediatrics families. Donate here: [PASTE THE LINK TO YOUR DONOR DRIVE PAGE]
For every RT this tweet gets, I will donate [x] cents to help kids at @CMNHospitals. Help me raise $100 today: [PASTE THE LINK TO YOUR DONOR DRIVE PAGE]
Log into your Donor Drive page & click the "messages" tab at the top. There, you can compose a message using templates. Be sure to edit the subject and body to include that your goal is to raise $100 today, like : "100 days from now, I will stand for 10 hours at KU Dance Marathon For the Kids. Please help me reach my goal of adding $100 to my personal fundraising page today."
When you request $1, $2, or $5 from a friend on Venmo, you must include a message:
Hi! I am requesting donations for sick & injured kids at KU Pediatrics. Your donation will be forwarded to my Donor Drive account for CMN. Thanks!
Today, I have been challenged to raise $100 for sick & injured kids at KU Pediatrics. 100 days from now, I will stand for 10 hours at KU Dance Marathon For the Kids. I joined the generation #FightingForTheNext. Please consider helping me reach my goal today. You can donate through the link in my bio!
Upload this photo as your profile for the day and direct your Facebook friends to your donor drive page.
various tips for the $100 campaign
- Post the link to your Donor Drive onto your Facebook page. You'd be surprised how many friends and family members are willing to chip in if you explain the cause.
- Utilize Venmo. If you use the app, request $1, $2, or $5 from your friends. Explain in the request that their donation is going to help kids at KU Pediatrics.
- Ask your peers at work, in class, on your floor, in your Greek home, Scholarship Hall, etc. to each donate $1. This can add up very quickly!
- Utilize GroupMe. You're probably already in 8273 of them. Post a link to your Donor Drive page and explain that their donation is helping kids at KU Pediatrics.
- Try to sell some old clothes. Lawrence has a Plato's Closet and an Arizona Trading Company. If you have things that you have never worn this semester, it might be a good idea to sell them and donate the cash you receive.
- Utilize Twitter. We've seen many DM members compose tweets that say "For every RT I get, I will donate 10 cents to Children's Miracle Network." This is your opportunity to go viral. Maybe.
- Send emails. Donor Drive allows you to upload contacts and compose emails with templates.
- DO SOMETHING CRAZY. For example, some DM members will upload Instagram photos that say "If I raise $100 today, I will go to class in this banana suit tomorrow." We can't make this stuff up. It actually works. Have some fun with it!
- DO SOMETHING UNHEARD OF. Post a photo of yourself to Facebook wearing a Mizzou/K-Sate shirt (hear us out). Explain that you won't be able to take it off until you raise $100 to your Donor Drive account. Students at Alabama do this with Auburn shirts and it is very effective.